(You may choose this method if your license lapsed more than 5 years and do not have a current, active license in another state and are not choosing the Revive by Examination option):
Note: Applicant must satisfactorily compile at least 500 hours within the period of one year in the following manner: Between 50 and 200 class hours of course work (ie, refresher courses, continuing education, pertinent college courses) that have been pre-approved by the Board and remaining hours working as an aide under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist, providing the Board authorized the training and the supervising physical therapist accounts for the clinical hours. Contact the Board office for further instructions. (See contact information below)
When your license is revived:
- Know your reporting period: You will receive a letter with the dates of your reporting period. If you have any questions please contact the Board immediately.
- Know the Practice Act, Board Rules and Position Statements.
- Know the Continuing Competence Rules. Familiarize yourself with the Board rules related to Continuing Competence. One point of Jurisprudence Exercise is MANDATORY; other points may be earned according to the rules applicable to each particular category.
- Know the NCBPTE Contacts: If you have further questions or need additional information about reviving a PT or PTA license contact:
- General Revival Information: email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (919) 490-6393 or (800) 800-8982
- Revival with Continuing Competence: email@example.com or call (919) 490-6393 or (800) 800-8982
- Board Address:
- North Carolina Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
8300 Health Park