Revival by Continuing Competence
Home » Licensing » Revival » Revival by Continuing Competence
You may use this method if your license has been lapsed for least than five years and you do not have a current, active license in another state.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- Complete the Revival Form.
- Click here for form for PT/PTA
- Send $150.00 by check, certified check or money order to the Board.
- Send completed documentation for Continuing Competence points (For appropriate documentation to send see Rule .0109 or Continuing Competence Required Documentation for specific categories of activities)
- PT – 30 pts which must include 1 point of Jurisprudence Exercise, online at the Board website, https://www.ncptboard.org/OnlineServices/Secure/JurisprudenceMain.php
- PTA – 20 pts which must include 1 point of Jurisprudence Exercise, online at the Board website, https://www.ncptboard.org/OnlineServices/Secure/JurisprudenceMain.php
When your license is revived:
- Know your reporting period: You will receive an email with the dates of your reporting period. If you have any questions please contact the Board immediately.
- Know the Practice Act, Board Rules and Position Statements.
- Know the Continuing Competence Rules. Familiarize yourself with the Board rules related to Continuing Competence. One point of Jurisprudence Exercise is MANDATORY; other points may be earned according to the rules applicable to each particular category.
- Know the NCBPTE Contacts: If you have further questions or need additional information about reviving a PT or PTA license contact:
- General Revival Information: email: email@example.com or call (919) 490-6393 or (800) 800-8982
- Revival with Continuing Competence: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (919) 490-6393 or (800) 800-8982
- Board Address:
- North Carolina Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
8300 Health Park