(You may use this option if your license lapsed more than 5 years and do not have a current, active license in another state and are not choosing the Revive by Clinical Hours/ 500 hour Continuing Education option)
PLEASE NOTE: ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- Complete the Revival Application.
- Click here for form for PT
- Click here for form for PTA
- Two character references are required from individuals who are not relatives and who have known the applicant for at least one year. These forms must be returned to the Board by the individual completing the reference.
- There is a $400.00 exam fee to be paid directly to FSBPT.
- Send the application form and fee to the Board. Send the exam fee directly to FSBPT. (Questions? Go to www.fsbpt.org).
- Pass the National Physical Therapy Exam.
- Complete Jurisprudence Exercise I (online at the Board website) https://www.ncptboard.org/OnlineServices/Secure/JurisprudenceMain.php
When your license is revived:
- Know your reporting period: You will receive a letter with the dates of your reporting period. If you have any questions please contact the Board immediately.
- Know the Practice Act, Board Rules and Position Statements.
- Know the Continuing Competence Rules. Familiarize yourself with the Board rules related to Continuing Competence. One point of Jurisprudence Exercise is MANDATORY; other points may be earned according to the rules applicable to each particular category.
- Know the NCBPTE Contacts: If you have further questions or need additional information about reviving a PT or PTA license contact:
- General Revival Information: email: email@example.com or call (919) 490-6393 or (800) 800-8982
- Revival with Continuing Competence: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (919) 490-6393 or (800) 800-8982
- Board Address:
- North Carolina Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
8300 Health Park