The Applications home page contains information about applying for licensure in North Carolina. For NEW applicants, the online application process is on the New Applications page with a link to detailed Application Instructions. For most applicants, the process includes:
- Creating an account with a login user ID and password.
- Entering application information and answering questions.
- Paying non-refundable fees.
- Accessing completing, and submitting additional required documents.
- Completing the FBI Fingerprint Criminal Background check process.
- Completing the Jurisprudence Exercise online.
- Ordering an exam score report from FSBPT be sent electronically directly to the Board.
Endorsement Candidates are also responsible for:
- Requesting that one United States Physical Therapy Licensing Board send an active license verification from that state directly to the Board (mail or electronically).
- Supplying a work history that goes back to the year of the NPTE (a resume is an acceptable document).
Applicants can view their application status online once they have completed the online application and paid all the required non-refundable fees.
When an applicant’s file has ALL of the required documents, the file is forwarded to the Board for review. The turnaround time after Board review of the file is 5-10 business days for licensure to be completed.