21 NCAC 48G .0203 REVIVAL OF LAPSED LICENSE
- A license that has been lapsed less than one year may be revived by payment of the revival of
lapsed license fee and the current year’s renewal fee and by completion of the revival
- A license that has lapsed more than one year but less than five years may be revived by
completion of the revival form, and:
- completing 30 units (if reviving a physical therapist license) or 20 units (if reviving a
physical therapist assistant license) of continuing competence as provided in the Rules
in this Subchapter,
- payment of the revival of lapsed license fee, and
- payment of the current year’s renewal fee.
- A license that has lapsed more than five years may be revived by completion of the
application forms; and
- passing the “PT exam” (if trained as a physical therapist) or the “PTA
exam” (if trained as a physical therapist assistant);
- compiling at least 500 hours within the period of one year in the following manner:
between 50 and 200 class hours of course work (ie, refresher course, continuing
education, pertinent college courses) approved by the Board as designed to demonstrate
proficiency in current physical therapy theory and practice, and the remaining hours
working as an aide under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist; or
- endorsement of a current license in another state as provided by 21 NCAC 48B .0102.
To determine which method of revival applies to you, review the following:
- Revival by
Endorsement: You may revive your license at anytime if your
license has lapsed and you have a current, active license in another state.
- Revival by Payment:
If you first received your license in NC within the last
year and have not completed your first continuing competence reporting period.
- Revival with
Continuing Competence: Your license has been lapsed for
less than five years and you do not have a current, active license in another state.
- Revival by Application: If your license has been lapsed over five
years and you do not have a current, active PT license in another state:
- Revive by 500 Hours Education
and Clinical Hours OR
- Revive by Examination.