At the end of the new application are the additional documents on the last page. This cannot be accessed
until a new application is completed by the applicant. This includes:
- Character reference forms (two required). This can be emailed to your two references. They can fill it
electronically, but then the reference will need to print the form, sign the form and rescan to email or
mail it. This can come electronically or via mail only from the reference. Each reference must have
the applicant for more than a year and not be a relative. This form is needs to be completed entirely.
references sent directly from the applicant cannot be accepted.
- Information about the education form. For CAPTE accredited applicants, please have a transcript sent
your school directly to the NC PT Board. This can be sent electronically, but must be an official copy
include degree and date of graduation. Foreign trained applicants, please see the Foreign trained
the website. Transcripts sent from the applicant directly or without graduation degree and graduation
cannot be accepted. Please contact the Board for any issues.
- NPTE Scores. Exam applicants testing in North Carolina will have the scores sent from FSBPT directly to
North Carolina automatically. All other applicants will need to order their NPTE scores at
Please contact the Board for questions about scores not housed at FSBPT.
- License verification. For endorsement applicants one active license verification will need to be sent
directly from that Board to the NC PT Board. This can be sent electronically. As each state Board is
different, the applicant would need to review the website for or contact their state Board for their
process. Please email the NC PT Board if your active state is Colorado.
- Criminal Background check information. Information about the Criminal Background check is located on the
additional documents page. Additional details due to COVID may be emailed to applicants when their new
application is reviewed by the Board office. This will be sent to the email on file for the applicant.
- Authorization for Release (ARI) form. One ARI form is required to be on file with the NC PT Board. This
can be emailed or uploaded in online services.
- Photos or military ID not completed as part of the online application. These can be uploaded after the
application is completed as part of online services.
For more details see also the new applications page.