- The upload feature is available after the online application is completed if you did not upload these
documents during the application process.
- This upload process allows you to search your computer to add the needed documents.
- For your security, obscure your Social Security Number prior to scanning. If needed, only include the
last four digits.
The following documents can currently be uploaded:
- Passport style photo – a headshot photo against a plain white or off-white solid
background taken within the past 6 months. (Do NOT upload a copy of your passport or your photo from a
passport.) Your application is not complete until your photo is received.
- Face the camera directly with full face in view.
- Correct size of photo to 2 x 2 inches.
- Maximum file size is 5MB.
- Military papers/ID – military documents from military-trained, military member/spouse,
These credentials are necessary for a military waiver of application fees (Exam and Endorsement
applicants) and also for issuing a military permit (Endorsement applicants).
- ARI/ERI Forms – the ARI (authorization for release) should be taken with you to the
fingerprinting location. Once fingerprinting is completed, the ARI can be mailed with the fingerprints
NOTE: Turnaround time for your uploaded documents to be reviewed and your status page
updated is typically 2–3 business days. If not updated after a week, send an email to PTBoard@ncptboard.org.